Animation Academy at Hong Kong Disneyland
When we heard that Hong Kong Disneyland had Animation Academy we were so excited! At California Adventure one of our favorite things to do is Animation Studios, so we were so hoping it would be similar (and it was!)
- Outside the classroom there is a sign that has all the time slots and what is going to be drawn during that time. You can also check the schedule on the Hong Kong Disneyland app.
- If you are planning on learning how to draw, when you enter the park walk to the right side and you will pass Animation Academy. Then you can check the schedule and get a game plan for the day. I always snap a picture of the agenda so later on in the day I can look back and see which classes we want to attend.
- There are classes taught in English and Chinese. We went to a Chinese class since that worked with our schedule for the day. It was easy to follow along with how the classes are set up.
- Aren’t these Mickey Mouse inspired chairs the cutest?!
- We loved how the room was set up like a classroom. Each person gets to sit at a desk and it has paper and a pencil all ready for you. All the desks are in rows.
Learn to Draw
- At each class the imaginer shows you step by step how to draw the character.
- The imaginer’s drawing is projected on the big screen so you can easily follow along.
- I am horrible at drawing stick figures and am shocked after class how my drawing actually looks pretty decent! This one above is Jakes illustration. I forget to get a picture of mine but you can see it in our vlog below.
- At the end of class the imaginer gives their drawing to one lucky guest. Our teach was so sweet and she gave us her Lotso drawing. We kept our drawings too and are going to get them all framed for a fun Disney themed room.
Come draw with us!
Want to see the cute classroom, learn how to draw Latso bear, or feel like you are at Hong Kong Disneyland?! Come join us as we attend Animation Academy.
Thank you for stopping by today! Hope you have a great one 🙂 P.S. If you are planning a trip to visit Hong Kong Disneyland, don’t miss our tips for everything you need to know about Hong Kong Disneyland before you visit.