Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom
This was our first time attending Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom. We have attended the one at Disneyland every year since it started, but our first time at the Magic Kingdom.
Tips for the Evening
- Arrive as soon as you can get into the park. Usually entry for the Party starts around 4pm. Get your wrist band, candy bag, and be ready for the night.
- Get a map. There are specific maps just for the Halloween Party so make sure to get one of those. There you can find where all the trick or treating spots will be, show times, and where you can get all the speciality foods for the party.
- Make a game plan for the night! There are so many events that are unique to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party you will want to make sure you don’t miss. Luckily the parades, and shows usually go on twice. The firework show is only once, but you can look at the schedule to confirm all of that.
- Dress up! Not everyone dresses up for the night, but if you enjoy dressing up, do it! When else can you wear a costume to the Magic Kingdom?!
- Plan on staying till the park closes if you can. After the firework show a lot of people head home for the night, so the ride lines get pretty short! Go for it and enjoy the party!
How Can I Buy Tickets?
Ticket sales usually go up end of summer on the Disney website! Just google Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Tickets and they should come up. If you are an Annual Passholder you can get tickets usually a few weeks before they go on sale to the public. Keep your eyes peeled around August, for tickets. I was surprised to see when we were at the Magic Kingdom, the event wasn’t sold out each night.
If you are going to the event at Disneyland, make sure to buy tickets as soon as they go on sale. They sale out quick!
Each year it seems that the cost for the event keeps going up, but it’s such a great event to attend. If you have never been, go for it and take the plunge!
There are tons of special events just for Mickeys Halloween Party you will not want to miss!
Character Meet and Greets
This is probably my favorite part of the night! There are tons of characters out on the meet and greets that you don’t normally get to see. My favorites we saw out taking pictures were the huge part of the cast of Alison in Wonderland. You could get a picture with the Queen of Hearts, Tweedledee and Tweedledub, The Rabbit, Alice, and Mad Hatter. There were lots of villains and Star Wars characters too.
A lot of the traditional characters are out as well and dressed in costumes. When we saw Pooh bear and friends, we were dying at how cute they looked we had to wait in line to get a photo with them! I loved that they had large groups of characters you could get pictures with.
Hocus Pocus Villian Spectaular
Ready for the best show of your life?!!? If you grew up watching Hocus Pocus, you are going to die over this live action Halloween show from the Sanderson sisters! These ladies nailed the performance and were so fun to watch. Plus, songs from the movie are in the live show!
The show is a creative twist on the Sanderson sisters coming back for one big spooky Halloween night and throwing a big party. All of your favorite villains were invited, so make sure to be on the look out for them!
This show is ONLY for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. Honestly, this show alone is worth the admission for the event!
Mickey’s Halloween Party Firework Show
We didn’t get a full video for of all of the firework show but most of it! This is my favorite Disney firework show because of the music and amount of fireworks! At the end of the show it is like firework madness! It’s AMAZING!
If you can watch the show from Main Street you can see all of the fireworks with out any trees blocking your view. There might be a lot of heads but in front of you but you’ll get to see the lights on the castle, Jack Skellington, and Zero flying from the castle and of course the fireworks!
Boo To You Parade
I loved how this parade incorporates characters you don’t normally get to see at the Parks. For instance the you see hyenas from the Lion King, Splash Mountain characters,
Trick or Treating
Come join us on our video below as we trick or treat and make our way around the Magic Kingdom for Mickey’s Halloween Party! There wasn’t as many trick or treating stands as they do at Disneyland, but we still went home with quite a lot of candy!