Grizzly Gulch is unique to Hong Kong Disneyland. It has a fun Frontierland vibe but also feels like you are at Yellowstone National Park with all the gysers! Come along with us as we share the in’s and out’s of Grizzly Gulch.
- You can find several walking attractions around this area. It’s a great place for kids to run around, and have some fun! Warning…you will most likely get wet 🙂
- The Water Tower is this towns original landmark. It sprays water out of it, and even has a hanging cord that if you pull it, it will spray water out.
- Geyser Gulch is all around this area. Here you can see cool colored water, and if you wait around long enough you can see the Lucky Springs Geyser erupt. There is a legend that is you make a wish when the geyser erupts, your wish will come true.
- Don’t for get to stop by the jail house for some wild west photo fun! There are 3 “wanted” posters and an abandoned cell you can take a picture in.
- Our of our favorite spots in this area was A Feudin’ Deluge. There is a blacksmith shop and a dry goods shop that are in competition. Here you can pump water to squirt water back and forth between the shops. It’s fun to see kids there trying to squirt each other and have fun. If you are feeling brave you can run between the two stores and get squirted with water.
- Make sure to walk through here at night time! Seeing all the geysers lit up at night is super cool and a site you do not want to miss!
- The Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars is the Wildest Ride in the West! Where as Thunder Mountain at Disneyland is the wildest ride in the wilderness!
- This is a rollercoaster ride that goes through dark tunnels, over bumps and even backwards! Along the way you enjoy pretty scenery and some cute fuzzy bears!
- You must be 44 inches tall or 112 cm to ride the rollercoaster.
- Storyline for Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars, ” Legend has it that the mountain is home to not only a gold mine, but also to the 3 bears that led to its discovery. According to local lore, a resident by the name of Captain Cosgrove was out enjoying the mountain scenery when he noticed 3 bears scratching their backs on the craggy rocks. After the bears retired to their cave inside the mountain, the Captain suddenly noticed a sparkle in the rocks. The scratching had exposed gold underneath! Captain Cosgrove immediately staked his claim, and the Big Grizzly Mountain Mining Company was born.”-Hong Kong Disneyland.com
- There is a Photo Spot in a runaway mine car outside the ride entrance that will fit two rows of people for a fun picture! There is not a photopass photographer here so ask a person passing by to grab a picture for you if you want everyone in your group to be the photo.
- Hong Kong Disneyland has an app where you can check wait times, see what is going on at the park, etc. We downloaded the app and used it often at the park! This was you can plan your route around the park seeing what the wait times are for the moment.
- The Lucky Nugget Saloon has chicken nuggets, fried fish, chips/fries, a crisp Caesar salad and kids meals. This spot does not take credit cards so make sure to have some cash on hand to pay.
- A popcorn cart can also be found in Grizzly Gulch with fun golden flavors of caramel or honey mustard. You will need cash for this spot as well!
Character Meet and Greet Spot
- This photo spot is located behind the big water tower as well as kiddy corner to the restrooms. It is a nice shaded spot.
- This is not a photopass spot but there is a cast member that will take pictures for you on your camera/phone. We found the cast members in Hong Kong are amazing at taking pictures and will take lots for you to choose from.
- Aren’t Mickey and Minnie the cutest in their wild west outfits?! I am not sure if they are the ones that always meet at this spot, but the two days were were at the park, Mickey and Minnie were the only ones we saw here.
- This photo spot is not always advertised so if you see a cast remember in this area, ask them what time Mickey and Minnie will be out. We had luck both days catching them at 12:30. You can also check on the Hong Kong Disneyland app to see if Mickey and Minnie will be out at Grizzly Gulch and what times. (If it’s not on there, ask a cast member).
Vlog- Come join us around Grizzly Gulch
Thank you for joining us on a photo tour around Grizzly Gulch! We hope you had fun! If you want to see more or go on the rollercoaster ride, make sure to check out our vlog below. Hope you have a wonderful day!
If you are planning a trip to Hong Kong Disneyland, make sure to check out Everything You Need to Know About Hong Kong Disneyland Before you Go!